Ben Girard acquired a knowledge of the inner workings of older homes the same way he learned to walk and talk – by living it. He grew up in the Boston area with parents who restored a Revolutionary War era home over time.
A career in carpentry, building, and renovations naturally followed, where Ben spent more than 12 years honing his skills and knowledge base. He began his career in inspection with three years conducting energy audits before joining Home-Probe. Ben’s revered formal training and recognition include:
- ASHI at Home Training Program: renowned as the most respected and comprehensive training
- ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) Member
- B.A. Public Health Education, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Carpentry Certification, North Bennett Street Trade School, oldest trade school in the U.S.
- Professional Building Analyst Certification, Building Performance Institute
- Named #1 Contractor by Georgia Power for energy audits, 4 consecutive years
Home buyers who want to understand technical details in terms they relate to like working with Ben. He says, “I’m thorough and detail-oriented, but it’s the client interaction that makes me want to go to work every morning. It’s great to be able to share my intense curiosity about a home and have a client ‘get’ something they’ve never understood before.”
When Ben isn’t in the field, you’ll likely find him rescuing abandoned cabinets or stray animals. They all find a place in his home and his heart, which he shares with his wife and two sons. Ask Ben about his latest project, or one of his early memories – being picked as Ben Franklin in the 4th grade play.